Monday, April 16, 2012

The water Harley

We have a new toy for the lake.  Well, we traded one toy for another.  When I got home Thursday, John told me he wanted to take the boat to one of the marinas here in Dadeville to see if we could get a good enough deal to trade it in for a SeaDoo.  We started talking about it at the end of the summer last year, and he talked to a couple of people about it, but none of them had the right deal.  This time, they did. 

When we first got our boat, we were really in the market for a pontoon, but honestly, the ski boat was such a deal, and we weren't finding a pontoon that was, we didn't think we could pass it up.  And we had fun on it.  It was such a huge hassle, though, to get it in and out of the water.

We do have a launch in our "neighborhood" and we launched it and loaded it from there once, but because our road is a curvy and only one lane, getting the trailer back to our place was not easy.  We don't have a great place for turning a trailer around, so John had to back it from the launch to the trailer.  Not fun.  We usually kept it in dry storage at a launch about ten miles from the trailer, but that meant going every weekend, hooking it up, taking it to launch, taking the trailer back to the unit, and then doing the reverse every Sunday.  A couple of summers ago, we did leave it in the water at Danny and Linda's boat dock.  Talk about gross when we pulled it out!!  Lance and Jess were up that weekend, so Lance got the fun job of helping John clean it off.  With the SeaDoo, we can launch it at our place with the four wheeler, so it is much, much easier and quicker.

We took it out yesterday for about an hour.  I've ridden on a PWC only a handful of times, and I had never driven one until yesterday.  At first I was a little nervous, but once I got the hang of it, I.  LOVED.  IT.  I would have NEVER taken the boat out by myself, but I won't have any reservations about taking the water Harley out by myself.

Until next time...KEEP DREAMING!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Designed by Lena