Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Vacation at the lake

One thing John and I decided when we decided to buy our lake place was that we wouldn't take "real" vacations, but we would vacation at the lake.  And that was fine by me!  Of course, I still do my beach trips any time I can, but when it comes to the time I spend on vacation with John, I would rather spend it here as anywhere.

So, how has vacay been so far?  GREAT!  Just a quick update.

Day One -- Sunday
We got up about 7 Sunday morning, did a few odd and ends around the house, and got on the road about 8:45.  We had to make a couple of stops because my back was KILLING me, and I HAD to get out and stretch it.  (Saturday night, I rolled over and tweaked my back AGAIN.  I barely slept for the spasms.  Finally about 2 AM, I got up, took Aleve--should've done that at 10 PM--got an ice pack and snuggled up with it until about 4:30.)  We got to the lake about 12:15, unloaded the truck, and had some ribs for lunch from a great little barbecue place in Good Hope.  I got an ice pack again, got comfy (or as comfy as I could) and napped until about 4:30.  We sat on the porch for a while, had the rest of the ribs for supper, and that was about it.  We didn't even go get the boat. 

Day Two -- Monday
I got up about 7, made coffee, and sat on the porch.  It wasn't too hot or humid yet, so it was a nice morning.  We left about 8:30 to go back to Good Hope to get a ladder for the swim dock.  THAT made me very happy because now we can swim off our dock.  I know Danny and Linda didn't mind us using theirs, but by the time I lug a float, bag (because I need it for my towel, book, iPod, etc.), and a cooler of water (soft side, so it isn't big, but still) I would be worn out.  And then I'd lug it all back after spending hours in the hot sun.  Ugh.  So now, we only have to walk to our dock.  I don't even take a cooler because I can walk back to the trailer for water.  After we did that, we did our grocery shopping for the week.  My Grillmeister will work his magic, and any weight I MAY have lost this summer will be put right back on.

On the way home, I dropped John off to get the boat.  I got home, unloaded and put away groceries, and then we put the ladder on the dock.  I'm proud to say I did a LARGE part of it myself.  :)  Of course, John was telling me what to do.  (It should be apparent that the back spasms went away.  Spending hours freezing those muscles must've done the trick.)  He was under the dock doing what had to be done there.  Then we floated for about a hour.  Ahhhhh...

Day Three -- Tuesday
We slept a little later than usual, but that was fine.  I planted some elephant ears (yeah...I know they should have been planted months ago, but I kept forgetting or we didn't have time or the weather didn't cooperate.) 
Danny and Linda rode out for a while.  They had to meet with the cabinet guy, and then they visited for a couple of hours or so.  Their house is coming along really well!  I told Linda that every time we come down here, I think I get as excited as to see what has been done as I would if it were our house.  Marty and I talked today about what I'd like to see whenever we build.  Unless something changes, he'll be building for us, too.

After Danny and Linda left, I went down to the dock for about an hour, and then it sounded like a storm was brewing.  It finally rained, but that was about it.  John worked on the door to the old boat shed and got it fixed, so now he can open it and close it much easier.  After he finished, we...floated.  :)

Now, he has the grill going.  He took thin cut pork loin, seasoned it up, put a slice of cream cheese and a few (3-4) jalapeno slices on them, rolled them up, and put them on the grill.  YUM!!!!  Believe me, these will make you slap yo' momma!!

The rest of the week
I hope tomorrow is a beautiful, sunny day because I want to spend it in the sun.  With a book.  Thursday, Katy and Sam are coming up.  They're going to stay until Friday.  Phillip won't get to come because of other obligations he has.  :(  Right now, I'm not really sure what the weekend holds, but I'm sure it will be fun.

Think I'm about to go jump in the shower, get comfy, and sit on the porch for a while. 

Just remember, KEEP DREAMING!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Designed by Lena