Monday, June 14, 2010

Hotter'n three acres of hades

Whew!!!  It was  SCORCHER at the lake this weekend!  But because we had great company and great food, the heat was hardly even noticable bearable.  It really wasn't even the heat as much as it was the humidty.  It was almost impossible to sit out on the porch unless you were directly in front of the fan.

John and I got up there 7ish or so.  We went by Arrowhead first and got the boat out so we could cruise on Saturday.  It was nice to get there before dark, even if it wasn't much before dark.  By the time he got the boat tied up and came up to the trailer, I had the truck unloaded and was enjoying a Bud.  :)

We were up early Saturday, and it was already steamy.  About 11, I walked down to Danny and Linda's dock for some sun therapy.  We don't have a ladder on our dock yet, so getting out of the water would be a chore.  Climbing the rip rap isn't something I'd want to do.  It was so humid, I knew I'd be taking a dip. 

Susan and Tim came up about 1:00, and we went over to see where their new place is.  By boat, it's about a 40 minute ride, so that isn't too bad.  I thought it would have taken a little longer.  I told them I think I was as excited for them as I was when we closed on our place.  LOL  Now, the test will be to see if I will feel comfortable enough to take the boat out and head that way by myself.  Before that ever happens, I'll have to do a few trips with John as my co-captain.  Danny and Linda have said we can use their pontoon this summer, so I might feel a little more comfortable taking it instead of taking our runabout.  We'll see!  By land, it should take only about 25 minutes, so if Susan and I want to hang out and the guys aren't around and I'm too chicken to take the boat, one of us could make the drive.

After we got back, Susan and I jumped in the lake and cooled off while the guys headed up to start the grill.  John worked his magic on some rib eyes.  Oh my!  That was exactly what I've been wanting!  John is good at everything he does, but as a cook/grill master...he is hard to beat!

Yesterday we got up about 6, loaded up, and headed home because Jessi's future sister-in-law was giving her a shower, and I wanted to be there.  Otherwise, I might still be at the lake.  It's like I told John, though, you make sacrifices for the ones you love.  LOL 

I was planning on going back on Thursday after I got my hair "did" and staying until Tuesday.  Cindy, a friend from high school, and her husband Sam have invited a bunch of us from high school to their lake house to cook out on Saturday, but Jessi has a fitting for her dress at 10 Saturday, and she asked me to go.  Naturally, I said I would LOVE to.  ("Sacrificing" seeing friends I haven't seen in about 20 years, but I love my Jessi!)  I may leave from the fitting and head up to the lake and stay until Tuesday. John could go on up Friday if he wanted to.  He's been going so hard lately, he may choose to just stay home for the weekend.  We'll see.  But I'm thinking I'm definitely going.  And depending on what time Cindy and Sam were planning on having everybody over, I might manage to pop by for a bit close to the end of the shin-dig.  :)

Now, I need to get up and get busy.  Got to run to Auburn for a quick errand or two. 

Just remember...KEEP DREAMING!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Designed by Lena