Monday, June 21, 2010

A perfect day at the lake

Mom came up to the lake and spent the day today.  This was the first time in a long time that we've been able to spend this much time together, just the two of us.  We didn't do anything "special", but it was a special day.  I gave her the tour of Danny and Linda's house, and then we had lunch on the porch.  At that time, it wasn't too hot to sit out there as long as the fan was going.  After lunch, we just sat and talked and enjoyed the view.  Finally about 3:00 we came inside because it was beginning to heat up.  She crocheted and we continued to talk.  She stayed until almost 6.  I told her she should have brought her stuff and spent the night, but she doesn't like being away from her "babies" that long though (and I understand completely.) 

John is taking next week off and we'll be up for vacation.  Maybe we can get Mom and Dad to come up one day.  Mom and I will get together and plan it.  :)

I'll be heading home tomorrow.  I would stay longer, but bunco is tomorrow night.  Since I haven't gotten to go the last two months, I don't want to miss again.  Jess and Lance have a couples' shower Saturday that we're going to, but we'll come up on Sunday and stay until the next Sunday.  I'll probably go home Sunday, but I may come back the middle that week and stay another week or so.  I won't have many weeks left to come stay since I'll have to start back to work August 3rd.  Yuck!

I think I'm about to go sit on the porch and watch the sun set. 

Always remember, KEEP DREAMING!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Designed by Lena