Saturday, July 3, 2010

Lake Vacation Part Two

I meant to get another update done before now, but it just didn't happen, but here it is now.

Day Four -- Wednesday
Yard work.  All. Day. Long.  Well, maybe not all day long, but most of the day.  We started about 8 and thought we'd be finished by about noon, and had it not gotten all humid, we probably would have.  It was pretty humid at 8, but by 10, it was extremely humid, so breaks were much more frequent and lasted just a little longer.  Finally about 2, we hauled the last load of leaves/sticks and dumped them.  If we hadn't paid someone to come clean the yard back in the spring, it would have taken twice as long to do the yard.  Our yard isn't huge, but it is filled with trees, so the leaves, the pine straw, pine cones, and limbs take forever to clean up at the beginning of the spring.  I'll gladly pay someone to do it every year from now on.  The maintenance is enough for me.  :)  The yard looks SO much better though!

Day Five -- Thursday
I got up about 6.  I guess I was excited about Katy and Sam coming and I just couldn't sleep any later.  They got here about 11, I guess.  We had lunch--Sam established HIS seat while he was here.  So funny...every time we were about to eat, he would run over to the table, pull out a chair, and climb up.  He did that every single meal.  :) 

After lunch, Katy got herself and Sam ready for the lake.  Pop Pop got the boat gassed up, and we headed over to Rock Creek Marina to see the "big fish."  There are carp over there that are as big as Sam is.  NO LIE.  John got some crackers so we could feed them.  By that time, some other people had come up and had gotten ice cream.  When John was getting the crackers (you have to buy them there) I got an ice cream sandwich.  Well, the other people's ice cream was more interesting to Sam than the big fish, so I gave him what was left of mine.  Maybe next year he'll be more amazed by the big carp.

We got back in the boat and headed back home.  The other times Sam has been in the lake, he wasn't that crazy about floating by himself.  Well, something changed this time.  Katy had him in the float with her, but he wasn't happy.  So put him in the water thinking he'd want right back out.  Nope.  He was like a little fish.  He "swam" all over the place.  He has really gotten the hang of kicking, so by next summer, he'll be swimming like a fish.  He's gonna be a little river rat as it is. 

After playing all day, Pop Pop made burgers on the grill.  Katy and I loved them, but Sam isn't much on meat.  He had beans and chips.  (The boy is going to turn into a chip.)  Katy gave him a bath and he entertained us.  Then, he climbed up into Pop Pop's lap. 

This trip, Sam really "took" to his pop pop.  He's always loved being around John (all kids do...he's just a big kid himself) but he "hung out" with John a lot more this time.  John was thrilled (as you can probably tell by his face.)  He loves this child more than he loves life itself. 


Not long after I took this picture, it was bedtime for Sam AND for Grana.  I probably didn't last 30 minutes after he went to sleep.  Between the yard work the day before and playing in the lake, I was a tired girl.

Day Six -- Friday
Sam was awake and giggling about 7, so Katy got him out of bed and tried to get a little more shut eye herself.  He entertained John and me by jumping off the step between the kitchen and den. (I'm sure he is thinking "Boy, they don't have much of a life if all I have to do is jump off this step to entertain them."  LOL)

After breakfast, John was sitting in the swing.  Sam decided he wanted to swing, too, so I put him up in Pop Pop's lap.  What a great picture!  I love the way Sam has his foot propped up on the rope.  Now, THIS is lake living.  :)  The two of them sat there for about ten minutes before Sam needed to get up and move.  (He is rarely still for very long.)  Whenever there is a moment like this, the camera better be handy.  :)

Katy and Sam left a bit before 10, and when the did, it was SO quiet around here!  Once they were gone, I decided to head down to the dock for some sun.  It was quite warm, so I did almost as much floating as I did sunning.  I couldn't really relax while I was floating though because I felt like I was going to fall asleep.  I can imagine waking up down at the dam.  Fortunately, if I did, my friend Cindy lives right there, so I know she'd rescue me.  hahahaha

John and I had "date night" last night.  Well, it wasn't really a date.  We went to eat at The Angler.  Yum! 

Day Seven -- Saturday
We're heading over to Ron and Cindy's in a few hours to cook out with them, Heinz and Suzanne, and Steve and Cindy.  This will be the first time we've seen Steve since his biking accident back in October.  He is a walking miracle.  Seriously!  He was on a cycling trip and wrecked, breaking his neck.  He was at Erlanger in Chattanooga and then he went to Shepherd's in Atlanta.  With the type of break he sustained, the fact that he isn't paralyzed is truly a God thing. 

I'm taking my camera, so I'll post some pictures of our day.  Maybe...

Just remember...KEEP DREAMING!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Designed by Lena