Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Stick a fork in us...we are DONE!

Our butts are dragging tonight!  We spent the entire day working in the yard.  I think we raked at least 9.5 billion leaves and probably about that many pieces of pine straw.  Fortunately it was a very pleasant day.  A nice breeze blew all day long so we didn't get miserably hot.  What we did get are blisters, aching backs, and for John, an bum shoulder.  We were almost finished for the day...only three more loads to go...when he slipped down an embankment.  SCARED me to DEATH!  He hit the ground and rolled over.  I didn't know what had happened, so I threw my rake and ran, yelling "ARE YOU OKAY??" the whole time.  He wasn't answering, so that scared me even more.  Then I saw him move, so I knew he was still alive.  :)  But the way he moved made me think he'd broken an arm.  He didn't, but he did hurt his shoulder.  I asked if we needed to go have it checked, but being the stubborn man he is, he said no.  I did tell him that if it isn't any better by Monday, he better have it checked out at work.  We did finish the yard, and now the rest of the week, we can play.  Or relax.  Or whatever we want to do!

Before I go, I want to share a few pics.  :)

 The lake after an afternoon storm
Donald Duck...he swam right up to the bank when I was taking his picture.  Think he's been fed by humans?  LOL
 Donald's ladies
My first elephant ear to make an appearance!  So tiny!
The blisters are proof that we raked 9.5 billion leaves...








Remember...KEEP DREAMING!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Designed by Lena