Saturday, April 2, 2011

Addicted to sunshine

I am addicted to sunshine.

Seriously, I think I am.  I even googled "can you be addicted to sunshine."  I didn't get any hits that indicated that a person can be addicted to sunshine, but I know how much better I feel when it's sunny.

For the last week, we had some of the grayest, dreariest, gloomiest days ever, and my mood matched.  I was so blah all week long.  Finally, yesterday it started to perk up, and so did my mood.  I noticed the difference in how I felt on my way to work.  Even though I was stuck inside all day, I just felt so much better knowing that I could look out my windows and see blue skies.

I had to grade some note cards today (fortunately, Ashley is grading them too, so it only took me half as long as it would have if I didn't have an intern!) but once I finished, I put on a swimsuit and headed to the deck.  It was quite breezy at times, so I would wrap John's flannel shirt around my shoulders until the wind stopped.  Even though there were those breezy moments, just having the sun warm my skin felt so good.  Tonight my face is a little red, and I have a white strap mark across my feet from my flip flops (I didn't think to slip them off), but I don't care.  I'm just so happy to have had the chance to enjoy the beautiful day.

And beautiful it was!  Not a cloud anywhere all day.  I hope we have these kinds of days when I'm out on spring break. 

John grilled steaks for supper.  As usual, they were delicious.  Now I'm sitting here with the pups snuggled up next to me.  Ali is trying to get covered up, except I don't have a blanket, so she's trying to get inside my shirt.  Silly girl  :)  I guess I should go so I can get a blanket for her,

Remember, never stop dreaming!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Designed by Lena