Saturday, May 8, 2010

Home, Sweet Home

We got "home" about 8:30 last night, and boy, was it nice! We would have gotten here sooner, but we needed to make a grocery run. My plan was to buy what we'd need so we didn't have to stop, but that just didn't happen this week.

We got up about 6:30. At "real" home, getting up at 6:30 on a Saturday when I didn't have to would irritate me beyond belief. It's so different here, though. Most of the time, I WANT to be up early so I can enjoy the lake. The water is usually so calm that early. This morning, though, it is quite breezy. I hung my wind chimes out, and they haven't stopped ringing.

With the wind blowing, it's pretty cool. That's a VERY welcome change from yesterday, though, when it was so humid. After the extremely cold winter, I said I wouldn't complain about the heat, but I never said I wouldn't complain about the humidity. hahaha

I have only three more weeks of school (woo hoo!!!) before I can "move" up for the summer. Well, that's not entirely true. My last day of work is June 1 (but that's a make up professional development day, and I might be sick. I'm beginning to feel a little feverish. LOL) On June 2, my three sisters-in-law and one of my nieces and I are going to Gulf Shores. John is thinking his neck surgery will be the next week, and if the doc says it will be okay, we'll come here once he's out of the hospital. He'd much rather recuperate here than in Dadeville. The view is quite a bit nicer.

Guess that's it for this morning. I need to grade a few research papers so I can emjoy my afternoon. The dock is calling my name, but it still just a touch too cool, and the dock isn't in the sun yet.

Have a GREAT day, and

KEEP DREAMING!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Designed by Lena