Saturday, March 12, 2011

Full pool and then some!

Full pool on Smith Lake is 522' msl.  What this means is that once the water reaches 522' above sea level, it will begin to go over the dam.  Right now, the level is at 515.9'.  Fortunately, it has stopped rising.

Last year in the later winter/early spring, we had some huge rains, and the water got right to 515'.  It's amazing how much difference that extra foot or so makes.  In our "subdivision" (very loose meaning), the only walkway not under water is Danny and Linda's.  The distance between the bottom of their walkway (land side) and the top of the water ain't much, either.  The nice thing about all of the rain is that we shouldn't have to worry about getting the level up for summer.  It's already there.  The not-so-nice thing is that now we have a ton of debris that will be left in our slough and will have to be cleaned out.  Yea...

I had hoped to sit out on the swim deck today and soak up some sun, but unless I walk over to Danny and Linda's dock, I won't be doing that because I'm not going to wade out to our walkway.  Brrrr!!!  I meant to bring my camera this weekend, but I forgot it.  I did take some pictures with my phone, but I don't want to walk around until I find service so I can email them to myself.  I'll post them later.

John and Ali are napping in one recliner, and Bama is snuggled with me in the other one.  I think I'm about to grab my Kindle and read for a while.

Remember,

Keep on dreaming!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Designed by Lena